We've got some answers for your Frequently Asked Questions
What is MOJO Yoga's online service?
MOJO Yoga’s online service is a subscription-based service offering unlimited access to exclusive online yoga features that will kickstart anyone’s mojo, for less than the cost of just one yoga class in a studio. Features include:
- An Ever-Growing Library Of HD Videos
- Guided Extended Courses
- Access To Real Yogis To Answer Your Questions
- Member-Chosen Community Of Inspiring Instructors
- Travel-Ready Platform For Your TV, Computer, Tablet, Or Smart Phone
- Your first 30 days are always on us so you can check it out risk-free. If you love it, your trial automatically upgrades to a recurring monthly membership at just $16.99/month, or $155/year. If it’s not your cup of tea, you can of course cancel at anytime.
Can I have a free trial?
Yes! Simply click the “Try It For Free” button on our HOME page to get started. You must have a current, valid credit card to sign up.
At the end of your trial, we’re sure you’ll be hooked on MOJO Yoga. So, if you want to keep your practices going with a monthly or yearly membership, there’s no need to do anything. Your membership will upgrade automatically. If, however, you wish to cancel before your paid membership begins, you may do so at any time within the 30 day trial within our PURCHASES page.
Is my free trial / monthly membership / yearly membership automatically renewed?
For your convenience and uninterrupted service, your membership is automatically renewed at the end of your term.
To manage your account, visit the MOJO Yoga PURCHASES page.
May I end my free trial / monthly membership / yearly membership?
Cancel anytime during your 30 day trial, and you will not be billed for your monthly / yearly membership. At the end of your trial period, you will automatically be upgraded to the paid membership that you selected (monthly or yearly).
To cancel your free trial or membership, visit the MOJO Yoga PURCHASES page.
What is the best way to practice with MOJO Yoga's virtual classes?
One of the great things about MOJO Yoga’s online service is the convenience of being able to practice with us anytime, anywhere. Here are some tips to keep in mind that will make your practice experience more effective and enjoyable.
- Always be sure to consult a physician before embarking upon a new program that involves physical movements, especially if you have an injury or condition. Virtual classes should not take the place of in-person instruction with an experienced teacher.
- Clear your practice area of distractions. Turn off the radio, your phone’s ringer, and any other programs or sounds that might pull your attention away from your practice.
- It’s best to practice yoga at least 2-4 hours after your last meal. If you can only practice right after eating, try a meditation or Relax Deeply class.
- Yoga is best barefoot! It’s essential to be able to feel the ground with your feet the same way you do with your hands.
- Wear comfortable clothing that does not inhibit your movement or full breathing.
- Stop practice and rest if you find it challenging to breathe comfortably, if you experience sharp pain, if you find yourself shaking, or if you feel like you can no longer create action in the pose.
- Make use of the video’s control features to rewind, fast forward, pause, or control the volume to a comfortable level.
- Always be sure to take a Savasana! Even if you’ve only done a short practice, lie down and rest for a least a few minutes afterward to reset yourself before moving on to other activities.
- Have fun! Yoga helps us to develop more compassion for ourselves. Take each practice slowly and know that with consistent, patient effort, you will discover immense rewards.
What are props? Do I need any?
MOJO Yoga often utilizes props to help us make the work more accessible and customize our environment to suit our needs. Props include blocks, belts, blankets, bolsters, folding chairs, and head wraps. Sometimes we use an Iyengar rope wall, an inversion swing, a stool, or other more specialized props. If you don’t have the exact props available that you see in the video, grab a household item that closely matches, such as pillows, books, crates, scarves, regular chairs, etc. Get creative and do what you need to serve yourself!
Ok, I'm officially a MOJO Member! I just logged in for the first time. What now?
Do some yoga!
We strongly recommend that you start with our "Tips for Safe Practice" instructional video before continuing with your exploration of our video library.
Our videos are organized into helpful categories to make it easy to find the kind of class you want, such as Video Duration, Skill Level, Teachers, and Style.
We also offer a catalog of 7 day sources and 30 day challenges.
Will MOJO Yoga's online service work with my wireless network?
Yes! You can view our virtual classes on most wireless networks. If you have a laptop, tablet, or smart phone, you can practice anywhere in your house, at work, on the road, or wherever you have access to a wireless connection.
My video doesn't play. What do I do?
Check your settings first. The following is required to experience MOJO Yoga’s virtual classes:
1. A broadband connection (DSL, Cable, or Satellite). You will need at least an Ultra Lite connection.
– Lite connection and dial-up will not support our videos at this time.
– Please contact your internet provider if you are unsure of your connection.
– You will need at least an internet speed of 550kbps to view the videos, or you may experience video and sound break ups. Check your download streaming speed here: http://www.bandwidthplace.com/
2. Windows 7, Vista, XP, 98, 2000, or Mac OS X version 10.1.5 or later.
3. Firefox, Safari, Chrome or Internet Explorer.
4. Flash Player 10,0,115,0 or newer
5. For iPad and iPhone streaming you will need a wifi connection to guarantee quality streaming video.
If you still experience trouble playing your videos after checking these settings, contact us by clicking here.
My screen saver keeps interrupting my practice.
On most Windows systems you can right-click anywhere on the desktop, click on “Properties,” then click on the “Screen Saver” tab at the top of the dialog box.
From there you can disable your screen saver or adjust the settings so it will not come on for over an hour.
For most Mac systems, go to the Apple icon and click “System Preferences”. Under “Hardware”, click “Energy Saver”. Then set the computer and display to sleep after 1.5 hours or more, or choose “Never”.
How do I change my member settings?
Change your personal information, email preferences, and billing information HERE.